Sky

Revit Import Not Working

PVA - Jim

Bug filed as VB-147455

Message added by PVA - Jim

Question

I do a lot of restaurant work and importing Revit files of kitchen equipment in VW2017 has been really helpful. When I import that same files into VW2018, I get very poor results. Sometimes I get part of the model, or I get random objects and sometimes I get nothing. I've never gotten it to work.

I tried attaching a file but this forum doesn't accept RFA file types. So this is a webpage where you could download an example of an underbar refrigerator: http://truefoodservice.kclcad.com/Mobile/?search=TBB-24-60G-S-HC-LD.

Hi @Sky,

Sorry to hear this. We will investigate the issue with this file and will try to fix it for the next update.

Best regards,

Vasko

I am trying to import my first revit file and it is crashing VW on both Mac and Windows. 61 MB file, every combination of import settings results in total crash, VW quits.

3 hours ago, jshowers said:

I am trying to import my first revit file and it is crashing VW on both Mac and Windows. 61 MB file, every combination of import settings results in total crash, VW quits.

I find VW2017 was that only version that properly imported Revit files. If you have access to that, import there, save as VWX and then open up in VW2019.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jshowers said:

RVT 61MB may be very large in VW units.

I was able to import up to 170 MB RVT files.

But AFAIK that needed 16 hours of frozen VW or so.

It needed lots of RAM (I have 24 GB only) and the result was 1.7 TB VW file.

Import will explode all Line Styles into separate 3D Polygon pieces.

On 4/25/2019 at 5:53 PM, jshowers said:

am trying to import my first revit file and it is crashing VW on both Mac and Windows. 61 MB file, every combination of import settings results in total crash, VW quits.

@jshowers any chance that you can send us the .rvt file for testing?

On 4/29/2019 at 11:18 AM, JuanP said:

@jshowers any chance that you can send us the .rvt file for testing?

Hello Juan,

I don't know if our client would approve of us sharing their clients file, I will check and get back to you Juan! Sorry for the delay, this project has been on the back burner the last two weeks or so!

• Like 1