Automatic Drawing Co-ordination

Kevin McAllister

Question

Has anyone had trouble with Automatic Drawing Co-ordination lately? Yesterday I was creating elevations for a project and in the process I duplicated a few sheets. The title blocks didn't auto-update to the new sheet numbers as the should and I didn't notice until after sending out a PDF of the drawing package. I had to go in and edit each title block (enter/exit) to force the sheet numbers to update. I duplicate sheets in my workflow all the time and have never had this issue before. Even now, when I duplicate a sheet, the sheet number in the title block doesn't auto-update. In fact its doing this in any file I open and try. Is this a new bug?

Kevin

Screen Shot 2016-09-10 at 10.39.03 AM.png

9 answers to this question

I don't know if it's a new bug, but I've noticed this happening as well, for at least as long as I've been using 2016.

I've noticed this also happening with Drawing Labels, exactly as you described, where you have to edit something on the drawing label for it to trigger the correct sheet number.

Edited by rDesign
  • Like 1

I saw the same title block number fail to update in duplicated sheets in previous versions but not v2016.  I found that even zooming in/out was enough to make the sheet number update. Have not needed to do that in v2016.

A separate problem was my custom title block itself. The sheet number field lost its link in the Link Text to Record command.  Maybe that happened during conversion/migration from v2014 to v2015? I fixed by editing the Resource Browser>Sheet Border Components>Title Block symbol  and remade the link for text to record.

-B

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

This time I didn't weigh in because I do not use the feature heavily so I don't have a lot of experience with it. There are improvements coming to the overall concept of drawing coordination but nothing to these items specifically.

However, upon duplicating the sheets I THINK it's supposed to trigger a refresh on all objects. I will check and see if this changed at some point.