Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Kieffer

North Arrow

I really like the look of the north arrow icon used for the north arrow tool, but ironically, that graphic is not an option for the tool, at least not that I see. Is it there, or is it an option that can be added? See the attached screen shot.

I noticed that too. Is it possible to add in additional custom North Arrows to the North Arrow tool? There are several I'd like to add.

Monadnoc

I did some digging and can only presume they come from somewhere hidden in the script.

I did find the Section markers folder though in the library which I'd never explored, altering some now. Shame there's not a North Arrows folder.

J

Great topic. Now that it's apparent to me, I dig the symbol too. Have any of you found a way to create/add custom north arrows to the library?

I'm using VW 2008, Win 64-bit.

Thanks in advance..

If you make the Symbol's units Page Based (green text in the Resource Browser) it will insert at a constant size on Layers of any scale.

Does anyone know how to find or make an accurate azimuth North symbol for specific regions? I am in Eastern Australia, in NSW and I would like to customise or use a sun angle North point.

Thanks.

Use the heliodon tool together with the correct longitude and latitude ......

Edited by Vincent C