Sign in to follow this  
ginger04

Lack of plants

Can anyone tell me how can I put 3D hedge in landmark 2008? Where are the examples? Xfrog library is ONLY trees library! Please, if anyone know where I can get (or buy) 3D plants (shrubs, perennials and groundcovers) like xfrog quality?? Thanks!

There are some shrubby x-frogs... unfortunately they are all mixed in with the trees so it's hard to find them. e.g. euonymus, salix, ligustrum, phillostachys. They need splitting out, but a bit of searching will find some that you can use.

Also, if you are drawing a very formal hedge, you could consider modelling the hedge as a 3D object and then applying one of textures (from the X-frog libraries) to the object. You have to mess around with the scaling on the render, but you can get some good results with this...

Thank you!

My point is that (you probably will agree)there is still a lot of plant material missing. Few examples which I need immadietly to show my client in 3d are Cornus stolonifera 'Flaviramea' (the yellow winter effect), Potentilla fruticosa 'Abbotswood', Cotoneaster suesica "Coral Beauty'. I really don't know where should I look for those plants... I thought using VW 2008 will let me forget about the pencil:) Or am I asking too much?

The few times that I have incorporated xfrog plants in presentation files I have found them to be excellent graphically but always spend way too much time trying to find the handful or less of plants/trees that I want to use-opening up the individual files and then searching through the resource browser at the plants available in that file, then closing and opening up the next one until I find something that will work.

Is there a way or some hidden file that just shows and lists the plants that we get so that we can easily scan that to find a plant?

The xfrog website has exactly what I am looking for when clicking one of the 22 libraries, but I don't know which of these plants I have in VW.

Thanks

Damon, et. al., in the Xfrog Folder (in the VW's App Folder) is a file called " Xfrog Index.pdf". I find it very helpful as it lists all the plants included, both latin and common names, and shows their folder location(s)... HTH's.

In addition, the following may also help.

You can create a shortcut to each of the Xfrog library files (infact any library) and place them in the favourites folder of the Vectorworks library user area. This will make all the xfrog library symbols immediately available to the current document without having to locate each file and open in turn.

This can slow startup though.

I cannot find this xFrog Index.pdf . I don't have an xFrog folder other that an Libraries>Objects xFrog folder and there is no pdf there.

Spotlight is not helping

Can anyone give me a specific path?

Thanks

How does one bring in xFrog plant symbols into VW2008? And what is their pricing for their symbols?

They are shipped with Landmark and Renderworks - they are in the Install directory (program files/vectorworks2008/Libraries/Plants

Hope that helps!