How can I get rid of the origin that appears when using the selection tool?

This is a new mode for the selection tool, added in v2024. Change the mode in the Mode Bar of your Vwx interface - the modes are in the upper left corner of your screen. Choose instead one of the other modes by clicking one of the other 3 icons. I will get back to keyboard and offer an image, if others do not post before. 

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw
  • Confused 1

I think I saw posts about this but can't find them now. I think it just affects Disabled Interactive Scaling Mode (i.e. the 3D Dragger is only present when it's not meant to be in this mode). It is a bug but I only use Unrestricted Interactive Scaling Mode so have never experienced it myself.

1 minute ago, Kevin McAllister said:

What OS and Vectorworks version are you using? It looks like a bug. I'm on a Mac (current versions of both) and don't see the same behaviour. The only difference I can see is you've dismissed the interactive scaling warning dialog (see attached).

Kevin

Actually if you change modes while the dragger is set to Re-position mode it happens for me too. Move it off reposition mode and it resets (graphic attached. reposition mode is the one with the arrow, move it to the other one). Definitely a bug.

Kevin

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 8.22.37 AM.png

The Gizmo only appears in 1st and 4th Mode.

When you switch to 2nd or 3rd Mode, there is no Gizmo.

In the Video you switched through all Modes already,

but you Selected in Mode 1 and 4 only, the ones with

Gizmo visible ....

Why it does appear in 1st Mode at all - no own knows ...

Edited by zoomer
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, zoomer said:

The Gizmo only appears in 1st and 4th Mode.

When you switch to 2nd or 3rd Mode, there is no Gizmo.

Is there any way to not have it appear in the 1st mode? As I don't want to translate in that mode. Also, it doesn't always work in that way, as seen in this video. It seems a flag/boolean value gets set once entering the 4th mode for the first time, which then makes the "gizmo" appear in the first mode.

Edited by Robert HG
1 hour ago, Robert HG said:

I am using Ventura 13.5 and an M2 Macbook Pro with 16 GB of RAM. If I need to add this as a bug, I am happy to, but I don't know how to do that.

This definitely feels like a bug, you should go ahead and file one at the following link. Include a link to this thread when you are filing the bug report.

https://www.vectorworks.net/support/bugsubmit

— or send an email to bugsubmit@vectorworks.net

Note that you might not get acknowledgment of Vw receiving the bug report.

5 hours ago, Robert HG said:

Is there any way to not have it appear in the 1st mode?

Yes, sort of.  The dragger remains, or reappears, if Mode changes from #4 to #1. But if mode is toggled from #1 to #2 (or #3), then back to #1, the dragger disapparates (nod to H. Potter & Co.)  Still a bug, but can workaround easily.

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw
A is for apparate
  • Like 2