suddenly pixelated

Hello All

I seem to be having a sudden pixelation issue with this file.

I am running VW2022 on a 2022 MAC Studio with M1 chip and 64gb RAM

I have tried restarting but the issue persists.

Other files that I open dont have this issue.

I am wondering if a setting has somehow been switched or if there is anything I can do to resolve the issue?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2024-01-12 at 11.01.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-12 at 11.00.43 AM.png

Check that you haven't inadvertently placed geometry far from the Internal Origin. Make all classes + layers visible then select all then hit Fit to Objects + see what happens. Any geometry more than 5km from the Internal Origin will cause graphics issues similar to your screenshots. Search Forum for 'Far out objects' for more info.

• Like 1

Do you have any objects far away from the internal origin?

1. Turn on all layers and classes (or if you have Design Layers at different scales, do each differently scaled Layer separately).
  2. Go to Top Plan and Select All:  Does the drawing zoom far away out? If so, you have objects far from origin which you will need to deal with.
  3. Repeat in elevation views (front/left/right/back) and / or 3D views to make sure you don't have something sitting far out in the Z direction.

If you discover any objects far from the origin, figure out what they are and remove them from the file. This includes any far out objects on referenced files. Imported survey files are common culprits, especially if they are georeferenced.

Any objects far from the internal origin (more than 5km) often cause rendering problems.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 1/15/2024 at 11:42 AM, Jacob@tangably.com said:

24 years in this software and I learned something new today, Vectorworks Design Layer scope limit is 5 kilometers.

That's not exactly true.  An object's center should not be placed beyond 5KM from the origin.

I made a site model that is 55 miles x 55 miles in size and textured with an aerial photograph.  Within that site model sits over 100 highly detailed buildings, including door knobs.  It performs fine because all of the objects' centers are fairly close to the internal origin.  Weird huh?

The detailed architectural models were used because I didn't have time to make suitable low resolution versions.  Imagine my surprise when my computer didn't die 🙂

I do not know where the upper limit exists with this technique, but we used to have parsecs as an available unit so....

Maybe I need to make an animation like Eames - Powers of 10 🙂

ScreenShot2024-02-15at18_09_04.thumb.png.44f0bbbaa75dc87e05a25e1ccb45de83.png

ScreenShot2024-02-15at18_09_29.thumb.png.1ed710926a73af203818f97190a7861d.png

largesite.png.9a38301d72099938e63ce5eb4f55b806.thumb.png.740bfd70454844128c7f62e3aa94c8ec.png

And here is the whole enchilada... note the highly detailed site model is highlighted at the origin.  The large model includes all visible peaks and mountains surrounding the site.  The idea was to be able to create accurate panoramic renderings and video animation.

ScreenShot2024-02-15at18_18_38.thumb.png.bb7e7117fca69d96237ee7a855febe25.png

• Like 1