INTERIOR WALL - FIT TO CEILING

Todd W

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
49 minutes ago, Tom W. said:

Hi Matt thanks for this. Well despite my best efforts I've been unable to replicate the behaviour I described earlier so either I imagined it or it requires a particular set of roof clipping settings that I've yet to stumble across! I also realise that some of the things I said regarding automatic wall association/clipping when you create a Roof from selected Walls were incorrect: the behaviour is the same between VW2023 + VW2024, I just didn't realise because I always create Roofs from shapes then manually associate the Walls... Oops!

I think I just need to start using VW2024 as I would normally + then see if I have any further problems... Thanks

Thanks for checking and confirming this.  As I mentioned in another thread, there were some clipping issues that likely arose with some reengineering of roofs but I believe those should be fixed for VW 2024 Update 3.

6 minutes ago, Matt Panzer said:

Thanks for checking and confirming this.  As I mentioned in another thread, there were some clipping issues that likely arose with some reengineering of roofs but I believe those should be fixed for VW 2024 Update 3.

Yep gotcha. I'm definitely experiencing some issues with Roof clipping in VW2024, just perhaps not the ones I was banging on about here! Glad that you're on top of them + they'll likely be fixed in Update 3 (if I want a date I'll ask Juan 🙂).

The comment about the engineering effort to bring Roofs/Slabs on a par with Walls was great to hear thank you

• 1 month later...

Hi @Matt Panzer I still think there's something not quite right about Roof clipping in VW2024... I am not using 2024 regularly yet but decided to give it another go yesterday + Roof clipping wasn't working as expected so I had to revert back to VW2023 again. See attached files. In VW2023 the two Roof Faces clip the tops of the Walls as expected:

Screenshot2024-01-26at06_53_02.thumb.png.32527a70915f848644ee491142cd73f3.png

But the same file in VW2024 + the clipping has no effect:

Screenshot2024-01-26at06_52_55.thumb.png.890a1dea44984f0d25b96f02fe2bc964.png

I feel like I'm going mad as I thought this was rectified a few updates ago...?

Roof Clipping_VW2023.vwx

Roof Clipping_VW2024.vwx

2 minutes ago, drelARCH said:

@Tom W. roof clipping is still not working in VW2024 SP3.1 and wasnt since SP2.

Ok thanks for confirming at least I'm not going mad then!

2 minutes ago, drelARCH said:

We have also difficulty with roof faces components diseappering in sections, those that have rooflight (symbol) inserted. No fill attribute displayed! 😞

I think I have had this in VW2023 too to be honest: suddenly a component is no longer display in a section VP then I go to the model + it's disappeared there too + I have to move 0,0 the Roof to get it to come back, then update the VP...

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 1/26/2024 at 2:05 PM, Tom W. said:

Hi @Matt Panzer I still think there's something not quite right about Roof clipping in VW2024... I am not using 2024 regularly yet but decided to give it another go yesterday + Roof clipping wasn't working as expected so I had to revert back to VW2023 again. See attached files. In VW2023 the two Roof Faces clip the tops of the Walls as expected:

Screenshot2024-01-26at06_53_02.thumb.png.32527a70915f848644ee491142cd73f3.png

But the same file in VW2024 + the clipping has no effect:

Screenshot2024-01-26at06_52_55.thumb.png.890a1dea44984f0d25b96f02fe2bc964.png

I feel like I'm going mad as I thought this was rectified a few updates ago...?

Roof Clipping_VW2023.vwx

Roof Clipping_VW2024.vwx

It looks like this was a remaining clipping issue that was not fixed for 2024 Update 3.  However, there is a fix in place for 2024 Update 4.  I tested your file in a beta version and can confirm that your case is fixed.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Matt Panzer said:

It looks like this was a remaining clipping issue that was not fixed for 2024 Update 3.  However, there is a fix in place for 2024 Update 4.  I tested your file in a beta version and can confirm that your case is fixed.

OK thank you. Do we have a date for Update 4 - @JuanP?