Symbol insertion Tool - does anyone use it?

bcd

I use it quite often. Because of the design of my symbols, and the fact that I often will insert 5-10 of the same symbol at a time, the Symbol Insertion tool works very well for me. I also prefer to select symbols from the resource picker instead of the resource manager. It limits my choices just enough to make it easier to find what I am looking for and not have to consider other types of resources.

• Like 1

Hmm - that's interesting, I can see that, maybe I'll give it another look.

(Double clicking on a RM Symbol will allow multiple placements too.)

I wonder if this fly-up became a fixable element at the top of the RM showing all the Resource icons at once. Then one click on the Symbol icon would be the same as invoking the Symbol Insertion tool - and we would essentially have Symbol Insertion Tool, Worksheet Insertion Tool, Wall Insertion Tools .... all in one place.

image.thumb.png.48472857bdb481649d0f220b907a558a.png

9 hours ago, bcd said:

I don't remember the last time I used the Symbol Insertion Tool - maybe 19xx? Am I alone or has the RM made this tool redundant?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. I use the Symbol Insertion Tool every time I insert symbol: when you double-click on a symbol in the RM it invokes the Symbol Insertion Tool. Are you talking about dragging + dropping symbols from the RM instead? I never do this because I want to use the Align Symbol insertion tool modes.

I also quite often select the Symbol Insertion Tool directly if I know what the last inserted symbol was + know that I want to insert another instance of it: this is quicker than finding it in the RM again. 

I don't often use the Resource Selector within the tool though.

• Like 1