Banquet Tables with Tablecloth

Sky

5 hours ago, VIRTUALENVIRONS said:

Table cloths are very easy to make in VW's.  There is an image below, took five minutes and I will help or give you the table cloths.  There can be more or less pleats, etc.

ScreenShot2023-08-03at8_32_34AM.png.03377a0b326df7a8b35bbf198cfb1afd.png

OMG How did you do that?!?

I need a table cloth for a 6' round table with a 12" drop so it doesn't drape lower than the chair. 

Could you make one for me and if you have time, sort of explain how you did it so I can do them in the future. 

Thanks!

18 minutes ago, Sky said:

I need a table cloth for a 6' round table with a 12" drop

Your wish is my command.  It only takes a few minutes.

See enclosed file, done in VW2018.  I will make a little tutorial for tomorrow.  I have set the thickness and fillet arbitrarily.  Having said that and you know how to use those tools, you an ungroup this model twice to bring it back to a solid model that you can reconfigure.

regards....PaulTC_2.vwx

ScreenShot2023-08-03at2_05_24PM.png.64311223eb6024ce7f14338329d9501f.png

Edited by VIRTUALENVIRONS
8 hours ago, jeff prince said:

Just for fun.

Note how the fabric hangs inside and outside the diameter of the table, creating an interesting shadow 🙂

tableclothtest.thumb.png.1ec7d31bb61f542ec4016195d5daad5a.png

@jeff prince I'm interested what process did you use to make the tablecloth? I tried 'Create Drape Surface...' but results weren't good. Was it Sub Division...?

Paul

Good work going thru the steps to create the table cloth.

I am quite sure @Sky will appreciate it 🙂

I did one too, but mine fits a square table.  

Basically same technique as yours....created two nurbs curves, then lofted surface, then shelled it. Works like a charm!

Another method that worked is a tapered extrude where you can put a slight angle on the extruded shape, then convert to mesh to smooth it out a bit, then shell it, but I think the loft surface paradigm is better.

tableclothexample.thumb.jpg.1ff529740972305fe4b3bcf64044bf4b.jpg

• Like 2

Beautiful work Kevin.  Although something is missing.....the Martinis.😀

It is quite awesome, although I would not expect anything less from you.  It looks like you rendered in VW, is that correct?

There are quite a few ways to make this, and the simple one is revolve with rail.  I think a lot of people think the revolve means circular, but it can be any shape.

I would like it someday if someone wanted to know how to model a car, now that would be an interesting thread I am sure.

Kind regards.....Paul........wine time.