By DomCIn this Example there are used some custom Nodes:
1. "GetSubstring" --> Search for a string inside another string and returns Position and count. This will be necessary to set them to a Text Style Resource.
2. "GetInsideChar" --> Returns strings which are inside specified characters (normally quote or double quote)
3. "GetSubstringExcludeQuote" --> Same as the first one, but it to not return text inside quotes
4. "GetNumberFromString" --> Search for Numbers inside a String.
5. "GetNextObj" --> Put This in a Wrapper and it will return the next object after this node. This is a great one!! Can be used also for input geometry inside a script network. Without naming or other smut.
This could be improved by further code (find standalone or text in word, find integer, find float, etc.) But It works for most cases perfectly.
By sbarrettHere is a script that converts a NURBS surface to a wall with components that can be exported to IFC. The wall is an Auto Hybrid object made up of 3D Solids that match the thicknesses and attributes of the components of a referenced wall style. CWS_1212_IFC.vwx
A couple caveats: Make sure that wall style names do not have a single or double quotation symbol in the name - it will get misinterpreted by the String Node. Also, if your base surface is an Interpolated Surface, use the tool in the 3D Power Pack - Rebuild NURBS... - to convert it to a standard NURBS surface.
In this example you can find a node that returns a spectrum of colors and a Wrapper for creating random 3d Points.
Saturation and Brightness can be changed in the OIP.