Save Dialogue Box Issue

Alex M

Question

Hey,

This is kind of a silly problem, but it's driving me crazy. The "Save" and "Open" dialogue boxes seem to keep getting wider, which requires me to pull it across the screen to select a folder and then name the file and then save it. I know where the resizing handles should be for the box, but they don't seem to be working.

Any idea what this could be?

Alex

Untitled 2.jpg

3 answers to this question

One proven fix: I've encountered two users with this same problem, but only one was using Vectorworks 2021 (SP4), the other user was using Vectorworks 2022 SP2. The confirmed solution for both of them was to delete a particular 'property list file (.plist) used by Vectorworks software; 'net.nemetschek.vectorworks.plist' which is found in ~/Library/Preferences.

How: In Finder, open the 'Go' menu and choose 'Go to Folder…', then type or copy/paste this in: ~/Library/Preferences and click 'Go.' Locate file net.nemetschek.vectorworks.plist and delete it. Be sure to differentiate this file from other similarly-named .plist files. There's no need to delete any others to fix this condition. 

More: The following more specific info could be important to be aware of: 

• Both users were on macOS 12 (Monterey). 
  • Both experienced this issue after upgrading to macOS 12 / Monterey. 
  • One of the users said some of their other applications had the same symptom, so in his case at least it seems more likely that these files were corrupted or became incompatible as a result of the operating system upgrade process. 
  • The other user had no such issue with other applications. 
  • Like 3