MartinBlomberg

Invisible truss in VW2021

Question

8 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

Looks like Rigging-Truss-Truss class is turned off but I can't see that class in the Nav palette in your screen recording. I haven't had any issues with truss on my end.

Edited by Mark Aceto

4 minutes ago, Mark Aceto said:

Looks like Rigging-Truss-Truss class is turned off but I can't see that class in the Nav palette in your screen recording. I haven't had any issues with truss on my end.

It's not, it's very very active and visible 😃

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@MartinBlomberg  What about None class? If I turn off the None class, I lose all my truss objects (kind of like the 0 class in ACAD). As a troubleshooting step, I would turn on every class. I've been working with a ton (pardon the pun) of truss in my test file with no issues.

OK, I see that None is turned on 😄

Edited by Mark Aceto
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mark Aceto said:

@MartinBlomberg  What about None class? If I turn off the None class, I lose all my truss objects (kind of like the 0 class in ACAD). As a troubleshooting step, I would turn on every class. I've been working with a ton (pardon the pun) of truss in my test file with no issues.

OK, I see that None is turned on 😄

Tried that one too 😃 I tried to edit all the trusses and assign them to another class then "None" but no change...

Does it behave this way when using the Insert Truss tool vs alt-dragging the object?

What are the modes selected of that tool?

Is the truss object flying away to auto-connect to something somewhere else in the drawing?

Posted (edited)

Have you tried quitting and restarting VW? This is exactly the sort of unexpected behavior warning sign of "I'm about to crash" that I would heed.

BTW SP1 is out now (I don't see that issue logged though):

https://www.vectorworks.net/downloads/notes/2021SP1_Notes

Not for nothing but my test file was created in VW21. I also didn't migrate anything from VW20 to my VW21 install, so everything is so fresh and so clean clean.

Edited by Mark Aceto

18 hours ago, Mark Aceto said:

Does it behave this way when using the Insert Truss tool vs alt-dragging the object?

Yes, the same either way

What are the modes selected of that tool?

Just the standard insertion. Although, it works with some trusses, and some doesn't.

Is the truss object flying away to auto-connect to something somewhere else in the drawing?

Nope, just floating in mid air 😃

• Like 1