grant_PD

reduced scale drawing sets method?

What is the best way to create and maintain a reduced scale drawing set?  Say I have a sheet layer and everything is 24x36 1/4" scale, and I want to have a drawing at 18x24 in 1/8" scale of the same exact drawing?  

I work to an ANSI D sheet size (22x34) which scales to Tabloid (11x17) at 50%.

It would be a lot of work to maintain two full drawing sets. If I had to I'd work in a similar way, where the paper sizes were proportional.

Kevin

• Like 1

I work the same way as Kevin, printing a full-size set at 50%. I was very excited when I realized that my trusty old HP LaserJet 5000n could handle 12”x18” paper, so I can print in-house a half-size of a 24”x36” Drawing Set.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, rDesign said:

I work the same way as Kevin, printing a full-size set at 50%. I was very excited when I realized that my trusty old HP LaserJet 5000n could handle 12”x18” paper, so I can print in-house a half-size of a 24”x36” Drawing Set.

I had some 12" x 18" paper for a while. My old large format HP inkjet would take it too.

KM

We do a 50% print scale to get a half size set which works really well for us.

Have found some minor issues though to be aware of such as hatches not scaling correctly, the drawing labels needing to have a customised scale (rather than just being automated to the viewport scale) and camera match not working well on a PC, though that might have been fixed now.

We use the sheet layer set up. Go to edit sheet layer>Page Setup>Printer Setup.

image.thumb.png.400617df595d259717294ce0d1e2d42a.png