reduced scale drawing sets method?

grant_PD

28 minutes ago, rDesign said:

I work the same way as Kevin, printing a full-size set at 50%. I was very excited when I realized that my trusty old HP LaserJet 5000n could handle 12”x18” paper, so I can print in-house a half-size of a 24”x36” Drawing Set.

I had some 12" x 18" paper for a while. My old large format HP inkjet would take it too.

KM

We do a 50% print scale to get a half size set which works really well for us.

Have found some minor issues though to be aware of such as hatches not scaling correctly, the drawing labels needing to have a customised scale (rather than just being automated to the viewport scale) and camera match not working well on a PC, though that might have been fixed now.

• 1 year later...

Yes we just do the drawing label scale manually (or just don't include the scale in the label). We have set up the drawing tool with custom scale as the default like this so it covers both A1 & A3. The question mark in the scale indicate it needs to be filled manually. Of course if the vp scale is changed then the label will need to be manually updated but if it isnt it usually comes out in the wash in the pre issue check.

image.thumb.png.bea7df11749f23c31b663af170217af9.png

Edited by Boh