rDesign

New Forum = More Spam Posts

Better spam prevention techniques need to be implemented for the User Forum, as junk spam posts are becoming a nuisance on a regular basis.

@JimW- If the preventative 'IPS Spam Montioring Services' outlined on this page are activated, they don't seem to be working very well.

Edited by rDesign
  • Like 1

I'll turn it up another notch shortly, it's grabbing the automated bots pretty reliably but some of the human spammers are still getting in.

I will also likely be restricting the post frequency for new accounts a bit further.

6 hours ago, JimW said:

I will also likely be restricting the post frequency for new accounts a bit further.

Thanks Jim. I wondered about this myself. The couple of times it happened I looked for a way to flag a user rather than a post but I couldn't find one.

Happy New Year!

Kevin

How have things looked from the outside everyone? Far fewer spam sightings than before?

I got a lot of excellent feedback from our moderators and the new system we have put in place seems to be working excellently, but I wanted to check and see if the community agreed with this.

I don't think I have seen one spam comment since the changes, so I think it's working really well. 

It works very well.

I haven't seen any SPAM in this Forum again the last days.

Seems every SPAM is now directly coming into my inbox instead ¬¬

Can't remember that it has ever been so bad like the last month and Sierra Mail lets 80% through.