sbarrett

Weather Analysis Tools

As an instructor for Landscape Design & Landscape Architecture, I can not thank you enough for these great tools.

I hope you continue to develop more of these easy to use tools.

Terry Duffy

On 29/11/2016 at 1:25 PM, sbarrett said:

Hello All - 

I have been working on some weather analysis graphs in Marionette and here is the first - a Wind Rose. This Wind Rose downloads weather data from the internet and builds a graph (it saves the data to your User Folder). Once it downloads the data, the information is available offline, but every time you run it, it must go to the internet to find the latitude and longitude of the location you type in. So when using this, always make sure you have a valid internet connection!

Here is a quick video to show you how it works.

(File will be in the next post)

Love This!

I loved it! But I only managed to use the path of the sun. The others, all attempts the vectorworks stops responding.

On 1/27/2017 at 9:32 AM, sbarrett said:

the first time you use the tool it can take up to a couple minutes to update - this is because it has several things it has to download first that it will never have to download again. There will likely be dialog boxes that pop up asking you to install a Python library, press OK when these pop up. If you internet connection is spotty, the definition can time out.

I would suggest that before you change anything on the object, that you right-click and select convert to wrapper node. Then you can change all of the parameters that you like and then run the definition after you have done this - I would recommend using an American address first time you run it (because it is an American website) and that you make the time period as small as possible. After you have made all of these changes, run the wrapper node.

I hope that helps!

@Henrique Lauerdid you try this?

• Like 1

I'm not a programmer, but I remember this great set of utilities working in 2017, in Kuwait.  Now it seems broken in 2019 😞

@jeff prince I periodically update these graphs and post them in the Marionette objects section of the Marionette forum. You can check there to see if there are newer versions than the ones you have. I updated the Wind Rose pretty recently.

• Like 2

On 12/21/2016 at 7:00 AM, sbarrett said:

Hello All! Here are the rest of the Weather Analysis Tools I have been working on. These have the same caveats as the Wind Rose - all of them access the internet every time the network is run. These are also a lot newer than the Wind Rose, so there may still be some kinks - I would call these beta versions. Please let me know if you have any issues!

WeatherAnalysis-Precipitation-161221.vwx

WeatherAnalysis-Psychrometrics-161221.vwx

WeatherAnalysis-SolarPath-161221.vwx

WeatherAnalysis-Temperature-170125.vwx

Is there any new updated 2019 version for all the above files? I downloaded the 2019 Wind, but can not find the update for the rest. Please advise.

@Ash I have updated the Temperature Chart and it is located here: 

The other charts I haven't updated yet.