Rotate 2D drawing tool - Fundamentals

Not for the timid, but you can group the whole drawing and rotate it with the Rotate Tool. I suggest working in a duplicate file.

I used to set up a rotation guide on its own layer, sort of a "V" shape. A base line crossed by the target angle line. Leave this layer out of the group. Rotation center is at the crossing. If things need to be restored to original config, select the group, make the guide layer visible, rotate backward from the same center.

Stoopid Workaround.

-B

Another way to do what you are asking is to create four (or more) Design Layer viewports of the floor plan on an Exterior Elevation DL, with each plan VP rotated above each exterior elevation. This is easy to do - but I believe it might require a Design Series product.

Is there a rotate drawing tool in VW fundamentals? Currently using version 2014.

In Fundamentals set all of your Layers to invisible and then use a Layer Link into a new blank layer so you can draw your elevations. Layer Links are virtual copies of information on other layers and will automatically update. You need to unlock your Layer Links and Group them so they are one entity. This can then be rotated as you require and even duplicated (each copy will update).

In Design Products you can use a Design Layer Viewport instead. The advantage of these is they can be cropped and have visibility controls for both Layers and Classes. This can't be done with Layer Links so they are not as flexible.

Hi,

I set up my plan and draw my elevations around it and use the Icon rotate plan to switch between the 4 views, then i have viewports of each to my sheet layer.

If you don't have this command you can create a exref of the plan and place them under a line, rotate and then you can project up.

I do this method when doing internal elevations. The eref is always updated.

HTH