Unified view

D Wood

Unified View works if the Design Layers are all the same scale, and if they are all Visible (not Grayed or Invisible) and if Show Others (or Show Snap Others) is chosen in the Layer Options.

Also, maybe too obvious, but the Design Layers also need to properly aligned in "Z" space (which is done in the Layer Setup dialog).

FWIW, Unified View is really great, but the first few times I used it (back when it first was introduced) were confounding to say the least.

FWIW 2, I haven't use the old Layer Link in... seems like forever. That's how good Unified View is!

So let us know if you can make work. If not I/we are here to help!

Peter

Thank you for providing another lightbulb moment - I hadn't realised that I have to change each layer's visibility, I thought that Unified View did that somehow automatically.

It seems clumsy to me though, with lots of steps, compared to a layer link model, which you set up just once. With Unified View, you seem to have to constantly toggle layer visibilities if you want to work on an intermediate layer. Maybe it will get easier as I use it more.

David, Like anything new, give yourself a bit of time to get used to it. I remember having the same sense as you initially. Now it seems as natural as breathing...

Just FWIW, I always leave Unified View on. The things I toggle frequently are Active Only / Show Snap Others, and which layer is the active one at any time. This, combined with the (even newer) ability to set an automatic and persistent 3d rendering mode (e.g.: Open GL) makes it very fast and easy to see design choices nearly instantly.

I am having the same problem. I have adjusted the settings as suggested here. In layers visibility is all switched on. Layers all line up and at the same scale. Only the layer I am working in is fully visible all other layers are grey.

Maybe its something to do with active plane. In the top box it says no active plane.

As an aside HL seems longer to render than renderwors - strange - I would have thought it would be the other way round