Plan Projections

Jershaun

Question

Seeing this is a wish list, can I wish for some money to buy archicad :grin:.

But seriously, I wish Vectorworks would get rid of this hybrid non-sense and do something like this:

In addition, archicad's archilles heel in the past was it's modelling tools but based on the "shell" videos in this link (http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/design.html), I suspect archicad is going to leave vectorworks in the dust. I would have thought with the implementation of the Parasolid Modelling engine, vw would have surpassed ArchiCAD by now.

Anyway I would like to wish for better automatic Plan Representations of all VW objects.

Thanks,

8 answers to this question

A good start would be a tick box upon creation of a 3d symbol that goes like this:

Display symbol in Plan Projection as:

-Hidden Line

-Dashed Hidden Line

-Wireframe

Then I would ask that one could set the line style of the plan display, so that things in the air could be dashed, etc.

Then I would ask that 3d objects could have a cutting plane applied to them, so that they would be solid line below the plane and dashed above, just like the wall tool does.

This functionality IS possible, because the Wall tool has it already. It's doubly irksome to want the feature, and see it already in the program just not useable.

With archicad's options, it can represent modelled objects as the raw geometry "as is" OR a "cutting plane" view OR a "dotted overview" without the need to do anything else.

With vw, if one needs anything other than the raw geometry, one needs to create a symbol and then make a representative 2D outline. There's too much of manual work with vw and the drawing ends up with too many un-necessary symbols.