vertex reducing

If you are trying to approximate the shape with fewer verticies, this Purge Poly VectorBits plugin might help for 10 EU:

http://www.vectorbits.com/VectorBits/donationware/Entradas/2008/1/8_Purge_Polygons.html

In VW12, dbl click to edit a poly, and option-drag (might be ctrl-drag in Windows) a group of vertices. The selected points can be moved as a a group, but I can't make them delete as a group even though edit poly tool is in delete mode. Anyone have that technique?

Seems like the Smooth Poly command should help with this, but it only changes the point definitions.

Maybe VW2008 has the desired functionality. I gotta get mine out of the box and install it. I am waiting to finish a couple projects before switching aps.

-B

Thanks guys. I see what you're talking about with the marque and deleting of vertexes. I'm looking for a simpler way of removing unnecessary vertexes from a polygon while still maintaining it's shape. Using the marque and deleting does get rid of the vertexes, but it starts to change the shape of the polygon too drastically. I didn't mention that these were 3D polygons that I converted to 2D polygons, and by doing so, created hundreds of new vertexes.

• 1 month later...

All right, someone's gonna have to draw me a picture....

So I select the offending polygon [with its many many vertices] and the 2d reshape tool is 'on' and its cursor is the cross hairs that would go in the center of a circle - right?; now how do I draw the marque? I click and drag over the section but nothing happens.

VW2008 on a PC

Yes, I am that dense...

Thanks!

And, yes, I have reset my 2D resolution to "low" for importing this 2d art dxf file.... [These clients and their silly logos....sheesh]

Edited by mark@custom

Nevermind,

I think I have it now.

Well, I'm not looking to delete "all" of the vertexes in the marque, just every other one.

I've had this issue from time to time over the years.

There used to be a simplify poly plugin that one could download from the support area.

Anything like that for 2008?

Thanks,

m.