Rounded wall corner

I'm trying to make a wall corner, right at the junction of two walls, with a rounded shape, but very small. 

If I use the Fillet Edge Tool, not only does it turn the wall into a polygon, it also doesn't include the adjacent wall, rounding only one at a time.

Is there any way to make the wall join with a slight radius?

PS.: I tried to make a third curved wall, but it's too big.

Screenshot2024-06-11at00_07_46.thumb.png.9ff079f3be93abc965852ff88a6be84c.png

Pat's suggestion is a good one if you're happy for the diameter of the roundover to be no less than the wall thickness:

Screenshot2024-06-11at07_07_43.png.f9770e038253b81cbf6276020abec985.png

To achieve a smaller diameter I think the only option is to use a 'Wall Hole Cutter Symbol':

Screenshot2024-06-11at07_08_11.thumb.png.7cc1fd21d0a3937553b3a159df5cd029.png

Here you create 3D geometry you want to subtract from the wall + include it in the Wall Hole Component of a symbol, then you insert this symbol into the wall. So a bit fiddly but doable if important...

This is a typical example of where 'BIM' and detailing for visualisation are incompatible and depends on what you are using the model for.

Typically, we are advised to not model anything less than 50mm diameter since these are not major coordination issues.

Nonsense, of course, when you want to use the model for visualisation and shadowgaps are important.

However, would you be unable to coordinate the design if this detail did not exist in the model?  If not then exclude it and draw it in a 2D detail and reference the detail on your GA.

And would this detail be visible in an IFC anyway?

If 3D coordination is not important, and it's all about the drawing, again I would ask if it is necessary and could not be drawn in a detail.

Anecdote...  A client had bullnose bricks on all entrance doorways.  Could not model them, so showed them as a normal corner brick.  Drew a detail.  Refernced the GA to the detail.  Specified the brick.  Did a 3D drawing showing cuts, and layout of each brick.  Did everything they could.  Contractor built from the model.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, shorter said:

Anecdote...  A client had bullnose bricks on all entrance doorways.  Could not model them, so showed them as a normal corner brick.  Drew a detail.  Refernced the GA to the detail.  Specified the brick.  Did a 3D drawing showing cuts, and layout of each brick.  Did everything they could.  Contractor built from the model.

So was the contractor obliged to rebuild it at their expense?

Bit late...  You know how it is.  Often remedials look worse than the wrong thing built well.

The point I made was that they should have marked the model as 'for information and not for construction' as any sane person would, and they should have used a symbol and not a vectorworks door, where they could have included the bullnose as 2d information in the symbol so at least the GA plan drawing was correct.

However, the OP's request is unusual, and cannot be resolved by the judicious use of a symbol...or could it?

Edited by shorter
  • Like 1

Depending on a whole load of things ... I'd possibly just stop the walls short and model the corner from solid objects, and use merge structural objects to make it look right in plan. This can work with horizontal sections, but might not work with top/plan.