Candy cane stripe around Hardscape object

Cody Worthman

Question

11 answers to this question

20 hours ago, Cody Worthman said:

How do I turn off the candy cane stripe?

If you reassign a new hardscape style to the object they should go away.  You can then return the style to whatever you were using previously.  Doing this is a trick to reset many kinds of object that have misbehaving properties.

Sometimes, when you have a hardscape that was associated to a site model or was in the aligned mode, the candy canes can stick around because the object thinks it needs to be updated, even though there is nothing to update.  I think it's a bug...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Jeff Prince said:

If you reassign a new hardscape style to the object they should go away.  You can then return the style to whatever you were using previously.  Doing this is a trick to reset many kinds of object that have misbehaving properties.

Sometimes, when you have a hardscape that was associated to a site model or was in the aligned mode, the candy canes can stick around because the object thinks it needs to be updated, even though there is nothing to update.  I think it's a bug...

This particular hardscape was never aligned, but I did originally create the style on a hardscape that was an aligned ramp.  

Replacing the style made the box disappear, but whenever I went back to that style, the box came back.  Building a new style with the same components and graphic attributes of the offending style fixed the problem.  

Thanks for your help.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Carol Reznor said:

hi @Cody Worthman

If this happens again, the way to get rid of it is to: in the OIP

1. set the configuration to Aligned

2. click on Update alignement so the candy-can-stripe disappears

3. then you can change the configuration to another configuration without having the candy-cane

cheers

that doesn’t actually fix the problem when the issue is in the hardscape style.  There seems to be something in the tool that holds the warning until you switch styles.  Seems like a bug.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

If you'd like to make the file available or message me the file directly, we'll take a look.

In the Document Preferences, you might also try turning off, "Display out-of-date border", close the preferences, reopen the Document Preferences, turn the preference back on, to see if it refreshes the border?

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Gunther said:

In the Document Preferences, you might also try turning off, "Display out-of-date border", close the preferences, reopen the Document Preferences, turn the preference back on, to see if it refreshes the border?

I ended up deleting the offending hardscape style so I never accidentally use it again, but will keep that technique in mind if I come across the same behavior in the future.

10 hours ago, Carol Reznor said:

hi @Cody Worthman

If this happens again, the way to get rid of it is to: in the OIP

1. set the configuration to Aligned

2. click on Update alignement so the candy-can-stripe disappears

3. then you can change the configuration to another configuration without having the candy-cane

cheers

I definitely tried this method and was hopeful; but it didn't work, so I ended up rebuilding an identical hardscape style as a workaround.  Will definitely keep it in mind for troubleshooting future issues.

• Like 1