Floor line in the middle of the wall in section.

Perhaps I'm missing something but wasn't this question answered by @Jeff Prince in the other thread? As per that thread, the best thing (in my opinion) is to have a separate floor finish Slab that you draw around the internal walls. If you are determined to have a single Slab combining structural + floor finish elements, then your only option is to either clip the top component of the Slab in 2D using the 'Clip Surface' command or draw a 3D solid + clip the Slab in 3D using the 'Subtract 3D Object From Slab' command. I think you will make your life far easier having separate Slabs though. These 2D or 3D clipping objects end up as 'Slab Modifiers' which are much harder to keep track of + edit than a separate floor finish Slab (although they are incredibly useful in other circumstances).

It has been wished for elsewhere but as it stands there is no way to get a Wall to automatically clip the middle of a Slab like this unfortunately.

For example see:

• Like 1

This is more a professional practice response than VW:  I just let that line happen in the model and SLVP, and then make sure it shows correctly in the construction details (which I draw in 2D).  For my purposes, it doesn't matter if that line appears in the overall section.  For me, the section is a diagram that points to the details.  I'm not concerned that a contractor will install finish flooring under the wall framing.  You might have other requirements, but I've found it's a waste of time to try to make the model display perfectly in the Section Viewports.  

• Like 3

If one was bothered enough by this line, another option would be to draw a white 2D polygon / rectangle ‘wipe-out’ over that line as a SLVP Annotation. Just have to remember to move the Annotation if you move the wall.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jeff Prince said:

We are all in the communication business, let your software trap you into thinking otherwise 🙂

Jeff,  Thank you for putting something that I have been thinking but unable to properly articulate into such a concise statement!

• Like 3