VW Help File ‘Was This Page Helpful?’ Link is Not Very Helpful

rDesign

Question

11 answers to this question

yes, it’s frustrating when we try to help improve the product and the feedback just disappears into the ether.  @rDesign ‘s example should be simple to report for the user, otherwise nobody will waste their time trying to help.

It’s almost like we need a user based Wikipedia type experience where edits could be made by anyone, but approved to go live.

Imagine the possibilities, especially in other cultures and languages where editors could translate examples and instructions into something more easily understood.

• Like 3

@Kristin Bailey thank you for replying on this thread.

I've submitted feedback via the "was this page helpful" link a couple of times.

On one occasion I got a reply which was great - on the other, I heard nothing back. I don't know if that suggests things don't always get delivered to your team (this was at least a year ago I think).

Also, in the thread I linked to above, I made some comments about how the process of leaving feedback about help pages could be made a lot easier - here's a link to the specific post:

https://forum.vectorworks.net/index.php?/topic/104945-please-stop-telling-us-to-re-report-problems-via-black-hole-webforms/&do=findComment&comment=458101

I do quite often come across things that I think are missing from, or could be improved, in the help pages but I have to say that much of the time I just don't have the energy to provide the feedback because of:

1) the tedium & time needed to go through that feedback form

2) a lack of confidence that my message will actually get read or acted upon, due to my previous experience of only sometimes getting a response.

I'm sure you don't want to encourage so much feedback that you get swamped with it ... but addressing those two factors, I think, would make it more likely that people with constructive comments pass them on to you.

As @E|FA 's linked thread above suggests - a proper ticketing system would make a big difference. Just getting a confirmation that something's been submitted, and a way of tracking it, helps give confidence that something is happening even if there's not an immediate reply.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Kristin Bailey said:

@Tom W. as much as I would love to take credit for identifying the bug and having it fixed so quickly (really, I would feel quite brilliant if I had pulled that off!), I'm just passing on the information from engineering, who had already fixed the bug before I ever asked about it. The credit belongs to them.

Ha ha ok! Nevertheless, if you hadn't posted about it here there's a chance I wouldn't have noticed it had been corrected in Update 4 + would have carried on creating DTMs in Top/Plan indefinitely, the same way I've been doing it for the past 3 years thinking that was the 'right' way to do it...!

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

FYI, everyone, the web team jumped on the issue, and the feedback form is back and working again. It still doesn't auto-populate, which we're told is a different technical challenge on the to do list, but we're back in business!

• Like 3