finding symbols in your drawing

Hi everyone, this is probably the easiest question, but I'm struggling to find a solution. I have a drawing a colleague made, and in the inventory I see certain symbols that I can't see in the drawing. Is there an easy way to locate where these symbols are in the drawing?

Thanks a lot,

Peter 

In addition...it is quick and easy to set up a 'custom selection' item that immediately will select and highlight all the symbols on any design layer.  

I use this a lot.  When setting it up you would benefit by making a s script from the criteria to use later on...

Tom, I know you know all this but I am attaching some screenshots for Peter's benefit 🙂

Screenshot2024-02-14at6_07_01AM.png.4fe4521bc0e3d676bf36d6de343ab6b8.png         Screenshot2024-02-14at6_07_24AM.png.43f6fd4376c5ed57b586c5c336ff613e.png

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Kevin K said:

Yeah, plus you could even set the 'criteria' to select a specific symbol if necessary. 

Absolutely. Ultimately I guess it depends on the context - the nature of the model, how many symbols there are, where they are located, what you want to do with them. etc. A Data Vis would be good to see all of the symbols at once, each one in a different colour + at a glance see which ones are located where.

A worksheet would be good to see a list of each named symbol, how many of each there were, then be able to go through them individually locating them in the model one by one.

A custom selection would be good to quickly select all of a named symbol + see in the OIP how many there were + identify their location in the model via their highlighted status...

Hopefully one of the methods fits the bill otherwise we'll have to think of some more 🙂