VW Basic / Fundamentals - merging VW files and keep layers etc

Magic_4_Forum

Question

Hi

using the 2024 basic english aka Fundamentals Version.

can I import a whole other VW file or just a couple of layers from another file and keep the layers ?!

I can copy paste but its around 50 layers that get lost and it would be quite annoying to have to recreate the layers nd copy paste the 3D geometry into them.

thx Jo

9 answers to this question

I am not certain if Referencing is available in Fundamentals or not, but in the Design Series products I would recommend Referencing the Layers and then breaking the link and using the option to keep the layers and data.

Another option is that you can choose Layers from another file in the New Layer dialog box. This would give you the layers, but not the data. Copy/Paste in Place between the files to bring the data over.

Good Luck.

• Like 1

thanks everyone, I "overcame" the issue by renting a spotlight version which allows referencing. But I've tried the import in Fundamentals and got it to work. so thanks a lot !!

Its really a shame how castrated Fundamentals are, when I asked the local distributor (here for Munich Germany) a question he asked me back why I do that to myself (using the Fundamentals version)...   quite an attitude to expect the customers to buy the top line option and belittle them when they (have to) go for the entry level...  I was not impressed (and told him)

cheers Jo