after update, solid objects not obscuring lines anymore

iswope

Question

I use dot dashed crossed lines to designate graphics in my models. At the last update suddenly they all appeared even if they are blocked by solid objects. this is obviously a major problem for me. Is this a setting I can undo?Screenshot2024-01-18at10_06_04AM.png.a6557f9302091d0082b35aedecd7e707.pngScreenshot2024-01-18at10_04_41AM.thumb.png.e581564669332dffcb232dd5003a493b.png

7 answers to this question

@iswope Long standing issue with Screen Plane / Layer Plane - check to see if some items are Layer plane - This will create the illusion (ARGH!) that one item covers the next when you are thinking it is the opposite.

Recent project here, had just the Callouts being set to Layer plane, so they were visually cut off by other components. Even though the Plane Mode setting was for Screen Plane. One workflow / work around is to duplicate a known item vs reselecting the tool and making new. 

There are also Scripts on the FORUM that will assist if this is your issue 

Objects to "Screen Plane" & Objects to "Layer Plane"

(Screen Plane - also known as Top / Plan Component)

Peter

On 1/19/2024 at 11:55 AM, Pat Stanford said:

I think you will have to post a file for us to look at to be able to help you. I can't tell from your screen shots what is supposed to be transparent and what is supposed to be solid.

Just a heads up, The file is a bit over 700 Mb.

The Elevation should look like the Top Image, but It looks like the bottom image. When I pull out pieces of the file and try to replicate the problem, it seems to do what it is supposed to. 

When I go to "Edit Section in Place" it looks correct. it also looks correct in Shaded.

I admit I'm not great at keeping my working planes under control, but none of the problem Items here are screen plane. They are drawn on surfaces to represent Graphics. In the past they have been hidden by solid elements, they now show through.

MT Model Copy.vwx

I have found that the 2D components of hybrid symbols are see-through in VW2024 + this sounds like a similar thing. So for example in the Front component of a symbol you might have one piece of 2D geometry placed in front of another piece of 2D geometry + in previous versions (as you'd expect) the front object would obscure the back object, but in VW2024 the back object is visible through the front object. I submitted a bug about this weeks ago + the last report was the engineers were trying to figure out what was going on...

I feel exactly the same: I really want to start using VW2024 properly but this bug + a couple of others are too much of a problem to let me do so.

• Like 2