Stake Tool - Remove Slash between Description & Elevation?

Hello, love the Stake Tool. I'm wondering if there's an option to remove the slash between Description / Elevation? I don't see any toggle in the general settings for the tool. The only workaround I can imagine is writing everything in the Description box, but would rather avoid that if possible. Many thanks!
image.png.fd047270d9993ecfc635381981760dcb.png

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Poot said:

This was posted a few days ago, with the best fix so far.

Thanks for your reply, but it's not the answer I'm looking for. I already use the cross style so the plus symbol is not part of my issue. 
Want to keep Reference Style at Desc. / Elev., but without the slash.

I don't think there is any way to change the separator in the Stake object.

Three unpleasant options I see:

1. Live with the slash

2. Custom edit a font so that instead of the slash character it uses a space instead and then only use that font for Stakes.

3. Use a script to manually copy the elevation and concatenate it into the Description field and then only display description. This would not be dynamic(it will only update when the script is run) and would be challenging to have it accurately decide if there was already an elevation added to the field that needs to be removed before adding the new elevation.

Of the three option 1 is probably best.  Option 2 would not be too bad if you could assign a Text Style to Stakes, but you can't. You could use a Text Style on the Class and then make sure you used that Class for all Stakes and only Stakes.

• Like 2

What do you need the stake object to do?  If simply report it's position there is another option.

Seems to me that the stake needs to be updated to have the same functionality as a data tag.

Then we could add more information than there is currently in this object.

• Like 4
15 hours ago, E|FA said:

I seem to remember a VW webinar where they used a Data Tag to display elevation data.  I don't remember if they placed a stake, tagged it, and hid the stake, or used a different technique.  

#DTRLZ# will return the elevation of a Site Model but only after you send the tag to the surface i.e. place multiple tags over the DTM in Top/Plan then with all selected run Send to Surface + they will display the elevation. Also you can't place them in the Annotations space of a VP like you can with Stakes: they have to be placed on the Design Layer.

Screenshot2024-01-13at09_54_06.thumb.png.537aaf8135e77637f68c118adccee811.png

It would be great if a Data Tag could 'see' a Site Model in a VP as I don't like putting this kind of stuff on the DL

• Like 2
On 1/13/2024 at 9:57 AM, Tom W. said:

It would be great if a Data Tag could 'see' a Site Model in a VP as I don't like putting this kind of stuff on the DL

Interesting... Levels are key 'working dimensions' like blockwork setting out, that for me, are placed to confirm and check decisions made in model space.  Cannot imagine them being useful in the sheet layer annotation where you cannot issue them in coordinated modelspace either.

13 minutes ago, shorter said:

Interesting... Levels are key 'working dimensions' like blockwork setting out, that for me, are placed to confirm and check decisions made in model space.  Cannot imagine them being useful in the sheet layer annotation where you cannot issue them in coordinated modelspace either.

If I am generating a block plan for a planning application where there's a requirement to show site levels I find it convenient to just add them to that plan (as Stakes in the VP). Then I can position them + size them exactly where I want them. In a similar way I am also adding Elevation Benchmarks to VPs as well because I'm not using Stories (which for this reason I need to start doing...). But that's not to say I won't place Stakes on the DL as well, but they are more for my own reference + won't work their way into any VPs. I just think it's useful to have the option of placing these things in either space depending on your needs. Generally speaking I put all my annotations in VPs.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Tom W. said:

If I am generating a block plan for a planning application where there's a requirement to show site levels I find it convenient to just add them to that plan (as Stakes in the VP). Then I can position them + size them exactly where I want them. In a similar way I am also adding Elevation Benchmarks to VPs as well because I'm not using Stories (which for this reason I need to start doing...). But that's not to say I won't place Stakes on the DL as well, but they are more for my own reference + won't work their way into any VPs. I just think it's useful to have the option of placing these things in either space depending on your needs. Generally speaking I put all my annotations in VPs.

Yes.  We used to do this (put all annotations in the sheet layer viewport), but since the advent of page-based symbols, and the fact that often critical dimensioning and annotation (room names, door numbers, etc) needed to be in model space (to be able to share it with consultants) we reserve all paperspace annotation to that which is specific to that drawing, and annotation falls into three categories and these three categories decide where they are placed.

• Like 1