Regenerating Laubwerk plants in VW2023 SP7 causes mayhem

line-weight

Question

This is what I've just discovered happens if I make any kind of change to the Laubwerk plant objects that I have in one of my files.

Those plants have been sitting there for a while. I can't remember when I last tried to alter them, may have been pre or post upgrade to VW2023.

In any case this is what happens immediately after I make any change to any of them:

6 answers to this question

@Dave Donley, @zoomer, @line-weight have you guys heard of any update to this?  Any traction from Laubwerk?  I am in the throws of Design Development for a landscape design project and need to use them.  The de-selecting workaround Dave mentioned is working for now, but I'm nervous spending all of this time inserting these plants and hoping there's not a major crash or anything.  

Thanks,

Garrett

4 hours ago, GarrettBurleson said:

@Dave Donley, @zoomer, @line-weight have you guys heard of any update to this?  Any traction from Laubwerk?  I am in the throws of Design Development for a landscape design project and need to use them.  The de-selecting workaround Dave mentioned is working for now, but I'm nervous spending all of this time inserting these plants and hoping there's not a major crash or anything.  

Thanks,

Garrett

If it's mission critical, I don't use Laubwerk plants.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 11/14/2023 at 9:44 PM, Your Name Here said:

If it's mission critical, I don't use Laubwerk plants.

This will be fixed in Vectorworks 2023 SP8

The technical description is that the Laubwerk library that we use was fixed and included in Vectorworks 2024 and thoroughly tested a while back. However due to the severity of the problem, we will include it in Vectorworks 2023 SP8. We're spending extra effort to make sure it will be stable in 2023 too.

• Like 1