Vectorworks Rocks set 1 of 6

Oh, one other thought….by making a symbol from each rock, you then have the ability to tweak the symbol shape by messing with the various x,y,z data associated with the symbol.  A cool feature, for sure. It can change the entire shape of the rock!

Mess around with it.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Benson Shaw said:

Thanks for these! Very generous

Hi Benson,

I made those in C4D.  I think you are a C4D user also, is that correct?  It only took five minutes to make all the rocks.  The longest part was exporting them.  Pat Stanford put them all in one file, the first set.

regards....Paul

• Like 1
3 hours ago, VIRTUALENVIRONS said:

I made those in C4D.  I think you are a C4D user also, is that correct?  It only took five minutes to make all the rocks.  The longest part was exporting them.  Pat Stanford put them all in one file, the first set.

These are great. Thanks for sharing them. Were they procedurally generated?

Kevin

17 minutes ago, Kevin McAllister said:

Were they procedurally generated?

HI Kevin,

I used the Voronai Fracture object to make these in conjunction with collision tags.   It is very simple.  I am leaving for the afternoon shortly, tomorrow I will make a short video. You want believe how easy it is to make our own, big small, fat, flat, etc.

regards...Paul

• Like 1
5 hours ago, VIRTUALENVIRONS said:

I am leaving for the afternoon shortly, tomorrow I will make a short video. You want believe how easy it is to make our own, big small, fat, flat, etc.

I would love to learn. I have used C4D to make things like flags in the past. My license is quite old (R18 I think) but its still a useful tool.

Kevin