3D BUG

Marco Sirone

Question

8 answers to this question

Marco

I have had similar issues with VW/RW Designer 2019 - 2020 - 2021  - 2022 (iMac and / or  MacBook Pro)

Commented on and reported missing (¿ ie: invisible ?) items (Case 00270499)

One suggestion: Turn the Unified View On and Off ... or maybe it is Off, then On (also check the settings)

I do not use Unified View, yet I have seen it cause similar issues. Even when the file is a only, single Design Layer.

Example: Edit a group - Extrude geometry is selected in an Iso / Open GL view (This is Indicated in the OIP) The selection handles show, but no object.

Use of the Fly Over tool / Object Center Mode will reveal the geometry. Stop rotating and it will disappear again.

Attached video show an example.  This may also be a complication of the untested resuylts with the Component Edit Mode

Peter 

On 3/3/2023 at 3:22 AM, Elite Exhibits said:

Marco

I have had similar issues with VW/RW Designer 2019 - 2020 - 2021  - 2022 (iMac and / or  MacBook Pro)

Commented on and reported missing (¿ ie: invisible ?) items (Case 00270499)

One suggestion: Turn the Unified View On and Off ... or maybe it is Off, then On (also check the settings)

I do not use Unified View, yet I have seen it cause similar issues. Even when the file is a only, single Design Layer.

Example: Edit a group - Extrude geometry is selected in an Iso / Open GL view (This is Indicated in the OIP) The selection handles show, but no object.

Use of the Fly Over tool / Object Center Mode will reveal the geometry. Stop rotating and it will disappear again.

Attached video show an example.  This may also be a complication of the untested resuylts with the Component Edit Mode

Peter 

I don't have unified view option I think due to me using the architect version, I might be wrong but can't find that option

What is the seemingly random keystroke combination that turns Unified View OFF by mistake?  This is wasting a ton of time.  Now, even the shortcut to turn Unified View on and off in the Menu bar is dead -- so it's File, Preferences, etc about every time I change views.  Why does this need to be so complicated and dysfunctional?