Ability to Lock Palettes

Christiaan

Question

8 answers to this question

Yeah, Save Palette Positions isn't particularly helpful. Useful for CAD managers setting up and sharing workspaces. VW also saves palette positions every time you close VW, so it's also useful for saving palette positions when you have a problem with VW crashing on close, which I've experienced.

There is this though, although I'm not entirely sure how it works. Does it reset palettes to the position that you last saved them with Window > Palettes > Save Palette Positions or does it reset them to the last position saved when you last closed VW?

Screenshot.thumb.png.238b36fe5fda772bbb02c8af7c6a44d3.png

Edited by Christiaan

@Christiaan I was thinking that it must be me and Wacom as I never saw any comments about accidentally undocking palettes!

I knock the 'Basic' pellet loose at least once an hour...

It floats right where it was before - but it's the hiding the attributes palette.

Drives me crazy.

If the reason for not have it is that it's somehow really important to be able to quickly drag a palette then a little lock / unlock symbol next to the hamburger would work fine!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, hollister design Studio said:

@Christiaan I was thinking that it must be me and Wacom as I never saw any comments about accidentally undocking palettes!

I knock the 'Basic' pellet loose at least once an hour...

It floats right where it was before - but it's the hiding the attributes palette.

Yup same here, maybe not once an hour but happens at some point on many days.

• Like 2

Positioning palettes and maintaining their position is one of the most frustrating aspects of Vectorworks. Just now one of my palettes mysteriously undocked. Sure, I must have click somewhere I should not have clicked, but it happened. Now I need to reposition and reconnected almost all of my palettes. We desperately need a way to save and revert to the workspace layout we use. The workspace manager is of zero value for that.

• Like 2

I've adjusted my Basic Palette to be along one row across the top of the screen, right under the Menu Bar. And when I interact with the Menu Bar (either moving to select a Menu or selecting an item in a Menu drop-down) if I'm the least bit sloppy with my movements the Magic Mouse can be quite sensitive and I end up accidentally undocking the Basic Palette. Happens at least 1-2 times a day.