How to create a set change animation

setdesigner

Hello, I want to show simple set change animation, curtain fly up, drops fly down.

Doing some research it seams there were a plugin called AnimationWorks, but I cannot find it or any solution withing Vectorworks.

I have explored Vision xform route, Blender and Unreal, just wanted to have advice before settling the solution.

Thanks

To elaborate on Tom's comment. You can't do this inside VW. 

As far as I know Animationworks is no longer available.

If you need to animate a scene, you are going to have use an alternate program.  

Vision has a very close link to VW for updating when changes to the VW model are made, but you have to use DMX signals to control the operation as it is really designed for pre-visualization.

Twinmotion has the ability to animate also, but is less closely linked to VW and you will have to learn how to best export your model and update the export as things change.

• Like 1

Is Blender in any way a useful application for making things like walkthroughs? As in, animate the viewpoint instead of the geometry.

The walkthrough tools in VW are virtually useless.

I know Twinmotion is the obvious option, but (a) it's not free and (b) I'm not really convinced that the VW <> TM direct link stuff is ever going to be properly maintained so if Blender is an alternative route maybe it would be worth me looking at it.

• Like 1

Super cool—just exported my first MVR file and happened to glance over at Activity Monitor, oh my! 

Long story short; amazingly, eventually the MVR export completed after the Memory went slightly north of 104GB, but Vectorworks froze.

Did not know the swap could go so high…

2021313688_ScreenShot2022-09-29at10_12_11AM.thumb.png.d30a83f7313c68697d84bceced28bd55.png

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, TomWhiteLight said:

So in the file export MVR dialogue you have the option to specify GLTF. It does not export a GLTF file format.

There are plenty of other formats for exporting 3d models that you should be able to open in blender.

@TomWhiteLightThanks man, much appreciated. I have been dabbling with FBX exports but am interested to see the diff with the GLTF file format.

16 hours ago, TomWhiteLight said:

So in the file export MVR dialogue you have the option to specify GLTF. It does not export a GLTF file format.

There are plenty of other formats for exporting 3d models that you should be able to open in blender.

@TomWhiteLightThanks again Tom, but couple questions:

• Did not find an option in the MVR export pane showing an option to specify GLTF. Perhaps I missed something.
  • What do you mean by "It does not export a GLTF file format." This sentence is confusing following your prior sentence.
  • If GLTF is not exportable from VWX, how does @setdesignerget VWX to output GLTF and thence into Blender I wonder?

thanks!