Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


56 Excellent


Personal Information

  • Occupation
    Landscape Architect
  • Homepage
  • Hobbies
    Travel, Photography
  • Location
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

3,575 profile views
  1. @LDraminski and @Jeff Prince, Have you all made any further progress on this or know of anyone who is trying this out. Jeff, you mentioned a tech loving sole practitioner, I might be your guy. I'm also interested to see what a university set up might involve. Many students want to use 3D modeling software and not many can afford a machine with the power to run programs like VW. If we could have a virtual LAB where students could use VW remotely could be great for the industry and VW. Any thoughts or comments from anyone else is greatly appreciated.
  2. I have aided various different firms to VWL for years and with each change to the software there have been improvements. The one constant thread that keeps coming up is that you must not "tinker" but fully commit. My clients range from large design firms to small shops that do mostly private residential work. In all these different instances these firms have experienced and changed their work flow and even quit and gone back to the "old" way of doing things or switching to Revit for projects with Architects and VWL for projects when they are the prime. I would suggest, as @jeff prince has, to find someone in your office that can be a champion for the transition. Make the commitment don't get trapped by; "oh we are too busy", "this isn't a good time", mantra. You will never succeed with this approach. As you may have surmised I do this as a consulting based service and would also be happy to discuss with you further how I might be able to help.
  3. I have tried this per the steps above with the suggestions from Pat Stanford above and the added information is visible in the Notes.txt file yet when I open it in VW the new section does not appear in the list? Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong. My working theory is that as I'm working on a Mac that the numbers formatting may be interfering with the successful integration.
  4. Pat, Thanks for the response. I appreciate the input. I'm not excited about inserting every data tag style and detail call-out and section call-out and edit them so the template has the clients Font. Do you suppose that somewhere in the library if we replaced Arial with their Font the program would just substitute or would it break it?
  5. Clearly I'm the one that doesn't understand. My apologies. I've tried your script and it works great. My challenge is that I've run the script, changed the fonts (yeah!) and saved the file. I have run into a couple of issues. First: Using the data tag tool with a tag from the same group but of a different configuration it changes all existing tags back to Arial. Second: Once I placed all needed tags, saved the file, created the template and created a new file using the template the tags still use Arial. I want to change the font at the base level so with each new drawing users don't have to run the script. Is this even possible? Thanks again for all your help.
  6. Clearly I'm the one that doesn't understand. My apologies.
  7. This is great if I want to change things after the fact. I want to have all annotations use the clients specific font and not arial to be included in the template. Is there a wya to do that.
  8. Thanks for this. My desire is go a bit deeper. I want to change all tags, callouts, etc... from Arial to my clients desired font. Any way to do this? Currently I'm bringing in the tags and editing the style but this is painful.
  9. With 2019 you can start using Data Tags and eliminate this and many other annoying things about tags on design layers.
  10. Fellow design junkies. I created this hardscape with a rotated plan so I could have my pattern parallel with the shape. When I went to open the file this morning I was greeted with this? Any time select the item i get the outline as it is in rotated top/plan. Yet when in top/plan everything appears normal. Had I not been noticing this all this time or is this a bug. It really is of no consequence as it would appear everything else works as advertised. Any thoughts or suggesting would be appreciated.
  11. @Markus Barrera-Kolb I was wrong on referencing the worksheet. And as it turns out my recollection of querying other drawings predated the use of the titleblock styles in 2019. I see in your signature that you are running 2016 so perhaps it will work for you. You need to reference the title block symbol and in your criteria search that symbol name. From there you should be able to get a list.
  12. @Markus Barrera-Kolb When setting up a worksheet criteria you could have the worksheet look at referenced viewports. I haven't done this in a long time as I have moved away from the separate sheet files and design file concept but I recall having that ability. You could also consider referencing other worksheets into your cover sheet and query those references.
  13. You will need to take your image and use it to create a texture from your resource manager. As for the origins not lining up I would have to see the files to make a determination about what is going on there. With your machine getting slowed down. This is not too uncommon with digital terrain models. There are ways to improve performance and one of those is to adjust your internal origin. This changes the origin only in your file and does not impact when exporting information back to other users.
  14. @unearthed Have you not updated your signature in a while. It reads that you are using VW 2012 sp4. If you are then you have missed a lot. 😉
  15. Hello fellow mac users. Why can't I empty my trash. Vectorworks is not running at all! #springcleaning !
  • Create New...