Modifying walls

excavating

If you make the beams in 3d, which is easy if you frame the roof, then you can use the fit walls to roof command and VectorWorks will reshape the walls to suit the beams.

The roof framing commands should not be dismissed for this situation, you can edit the roof framing members, it?s really quick to frame a roof, and I the text file on the Mac where you can edit the roof framing members without starting VectorWorks.

Creating roofs, roof framing and fit walls to roof is covered in my VectorWorks architect manual available from my web site.

Michael K, when you use the roof framer, VectorWorks calls a text file that contains your standard roof framing sizes. This text file can be edited outside VectorWorks which makes it quicker to edit, and you can copy and paste between files. Check out:

your user name > Library > Application Support > VectorWorks > 12 > Plug-ins > VW_Arch > Data > here are the files.

I?ll put more information on my blog about this...