Vectorworks doesn't show changes until I change my zoom

lwlehew

Question

I recently loaded Vectorworks 2019 on my computer for work use. I had been using a trial version of 2022 and things were fine. Now as I work, I have to change my zoom in order for my screen to display my actions. It is leading to a whole lot of small errors and is becoming frustrating.

I am on a Macbook Air with the M1 chip running Monterey 12.0.1  I was not having any of these issues with the 2022 trial. Is it a Vectorworks thing or with my Mac? Are there some settings I need to adjust if this is a known problem? It is a really weird situation and I can't really afford a subscription at this time.

Thanks

3 answers to this question

iwiehew - ¿ Did you solve you issue ?

"I recently loaded Vectorworks 2019 on my computer for work use. I had been using a trial version of 2022 and things were fine. Now as I work, I have to change my zoom in order for my screen to display my actions. It is leading to a whole lot of small errors and is becoming frustrating."

I have this issue with VW 2019 on OSX 11.6.2 - MacBook Pro (2019)   I need to pan or change zoom to see any rendering / view changes / component changes

VW / RW is useless with this BUG ! - Peter

3 hours ago, Elite Exhibits said:

I have this issue with VW 2019 on OSX 11.6.2 - MacBook Pro (2019)   I need to pan or change zoom to see any rendering / view changes / component changes

VW / RW is useless with this BUG ! - Peter

This type of symptom/problem is most often caused by data corruption in your Vectorworks' User Folder. - Possibly the Settings files within, but more likely the Workspace file/data. 

SOLUTION/METHOD: 

1. Quit Vectorworks. 
  2. In the Finder, choose menu command ‘Go to Folder…’ from the Go menu.
  3. Paste in "~/Library/Application Support/Vectorworks” (without quotation marks) and click, ‘Go.’ 
  4. Rename the folder ‘2022’ with something clear and meaningful. Such as, ‘2022 - CURRENT.' 
  5. Reopen Vectorworks. It will generate a new, default User Folder. 
  6. See if the issue persists.