quick landscape area question / class question.

I hope this is a quick fix!

Almost all the landscape areas I've created come in with 'greyed out' class attribution in the OIP and the class assigned to a class that has nothing to do with my planting workflow...

And if I create a LA in a new blank file, it creates these layers (in this example "L-SOLID-GC-Mulch") when they are non-existent.

1122642501_Landscapeareaclassgreyedout.thumb.jpg.5254f0ad7182538f47ca070c9f72502d.jpg

Why?

What am I doing wrong?

If I use a style from the VW library (like 'purple purple perennial mix') I don't have a greyed out / preassigned class - but when I try and compare LA styles I can't find any settings that show class layer designation.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/28/2021 at 3:07 AM, hollister design Studio said:

I hope this is a quick fix!

Almost all the landscape areas I've created come in with 'greyed out' class attribution in the OIP and the class assigned to a class that has nothing to do with my planting workflow...

And if I create a LA in a new blank file, it creates these layers (in this example "L-SOLID-GC-Mulch") when they are non-existent.

1122642501_Landscapeareaclassgreyedout.thumb.jpg.5254f0ad7182538f47ca070c9f72502d.jpg

Why?

What am I doing wrong?

If I use a style from the VW library (like 'purple purple perennial mix') I don't have a greyed out / preassigned class - but when I try and compare LA styles I can't find any settings that show class layer designation.

Okkie, I think I figure out how to fix this @@hollister design Studio 

So, after having those Landscape Area Style created then we could find them in our Resource Manager,

we could right click on the Landscape Area Style and Choose "Plug-in Object Style Options"
then you just need to click on the Arrow sign to make Class adjustable.

CLICK IT!

791305156_ScreenShot2021-05-19at4_16_38pm.thumb.png.190bb5d1a38cd3bf442a991ec3bffffb.png

TURN IN TO THIS

64519416_ScreenShot2021-05-19at4_18_14pm.thumb.png.3048d726812545e5f0f379c0acdfe10d.png

Let me know if this works!!!! 🙂

• Like 1

@Yonina Thank you for finding this!

I can't tell you how many time I went to the 'Edit Style...' button on the OIP thinking I just must have missed the tab with the Class  "by style or by instance" button!

I never thought that they would only be accessible from the resource manager.

Now I know there is sometimes somehow a difference between a plug-in objects "style" and it's "plug-in object style"...

Edited by hollister design Studio
  • Like 1