Forum Maintenance - Tuesday, September 18th 2019 - 5PM EST Read more... ×
J. Wallace

Opacity control directly on palette

Question

Currently when one wants to change opacity of a fill they click the opacity button on the attributes palette> slide arrow or enter percentage amount>preview (perhaps make some changes)>OK

It would be great to have the slider built into the attributes palette itself and the preview automatic.

opacity.png

• Like 4

6 answers to this question

You can get close to this by docking the Attribute Palette with the Object Info Palette.

OIP + Attribute palette.png

6 hours ago, mike m oz said:

You can get close to this by docking the Attribute Palette with the Object Info Palette.

No that makes no difference, you still have to click on the opacity button and then go through another dialog window.

What @J. Wallace is requesting is that there is a direct input on the attribute palete for the pen and fill opacities and a linked/not-linked button instead of having to go through a separate dialog window.

• Like 2

Oldest palette in the program needs to be thrown out and restated to fit with the current interface. 

Better still combined with object info as above.

• Like 1

I don't mind the attribute palette being separate, sometimes the OIP has so much info that I put it on the 2nd monitor to see it all so occupying space from the OIP would be something I'd rather avoid, but I'd like to have the attribute palette handy near the actual drawing area. For those wanting it combined with the OIP they still have the option to docking it with the OIP.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2018 at 4:25 AM, Art V said:

I don't mind the attribute palette being separate, sometimes the OIP has so much info that I put it on the 2nd monitor to see it all so occupying space from the OIP would be something I'd rather avoid, but I'd like to have the attribute palette handy near the actual drawing area. For those wanting it combined with the OIP they still have the option to docking it with the OIP.

If it's going to dockable with other palettes it still needs to be overhauled to fit more naturally with the size of the other palettes.

Still, Yes, Object information Palette does get unwieldy for many objects and really could be better tuned to get the right information on screen at the right time.