• Announcements

• JimW

How to use the Wishlist   09/21/2016

Create a new post here, stating both what you would like to see added to Vectorworks or it's supporting systems and web pages and why you would like that change made. If you see an idea you like, press the ^ arrow to the left of the post's title to promote that idea or feel free to comment on that idea with any additional considerations or concerns you may have. 
bcd

Fade other Objects in Edit Modes

Question

I'm used to turning on & off the Show Other Objects in Edit Modes repeatedly throughout the day with the gray option selected & deselected.

With Gray it's difficult to read, without gray it's impossible to visually distinguish the editable objects.

To resolve this I would like a new Fade Other Objects in Edit Modes option, or something similar.

Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 12.18.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 12.18.36 PM.png

Edited by bcd
to clarify

6 answers to this question

I agree Grey can be to confussing on complex drawings.

Just not sure what you mean by fade. What would do differently to improve legablity?

Fade Others would show other objects semi-opaquely a little like I'm showing here - but with foreground Other Objects actually in the foreground but only slightly obscuring the editable objects.

Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 9.16.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 9.18.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-03 at 8.02.13 AM.png

Edited by bcd

Fade opacity could be a variable Interactive setting.

Or maybe outside the group is black and white/wireframe?  I agree with this, OpenGL and the current haze do not work well.  Another option, give the user control over the opacity themselves...

Yes.   Some control by the user is needed.  I too often just turn off the grey others option because the clarity is to distracting and unhelpful.