So since we are getting all of these great new Speaker Manufactures symbols available with 2017 Service Select. How can we import these new items into an array using the Speaker array tool. I have looked around and cant find a solution. There must be a way to add the new service select speaker symbols into the speaker array tool. Anyone know how to do this!  It would be super helpful.

Example is L Acoustic symbols that where release. I would like to be able to make an array with them using the tool! 

12 minutes ago, Lee Vaught said:

Am I the only one wondering this? 

Nope.  I'd like to know too.  Best guess is, there's no good way of doing it.  

• Like 1

I was able to get the new boxes to import. They imported the dimensions and made the regular speaker box. But I'm guessing the tool can not deal with all of the other information in symbols. Since they are not just closed units. I guess if we don't get an answer, I will just have to make a marionette that arrays the symbol correctly.

• Like 2

I know right.. i just stent 2 hours trying every way I could imagine as well. I even spoke with the plug-in guy  late last year concerning this, But,  I was only able to get my old speakers transferred with his instructions.  That was helpful as well. I was really bummed when the D&B Fly bar was removed a couple versions ago as well.  I used it a lot! I never understand why we gain and loose some tool items particulars from release to release.. I always thought you build up...>>>>LETS UNITE THE AUDIO SPEAKER LIBRARY>>>

All -

Sorry to have missed this conversation.  2017 has been more than busy...

Regarding importing boxes, as you (Lee) discovered, actual geometry does not get imported at this time.  But, if the given speaker or bumper Symbols have the correct data attached, the tools will import and save those dimensions to the library.

Regarding previous content missing, I haven't kept up with that VW is or is not including in the sample library.  That being said, you CAN use your library from previous VW versions.  Download our manual from our Audio ToolSet page and see the last few pages.  They go into a bit of detail about how the library system works and where/how the library file is stored.

I hope this helps, if even a little.

• Like 2

Yes, This is kinda disappointing. I called in about this a few days ago and was told the same as above. Cant be done as of now....So I have been slowly going thru and building some commonly used array systems/sizes and saving them as symbols. Would love to able to build these much quicker using the array tool. 

• Like 1

Jordan,

I understand where you are coming from. But , its still a very useful tool. You may have missed the fact  you can import the new symbols and it will take the basic geometry of those boxes. It will not have the rounded corners and extra detail. But it still should provide you with enough information fr drawings.. It will still have a speaker record. My request  was to get production renderings a bit more detail. I have been stuck on way too much detail for production renderings for a while. I have always wanted just more detail than was available.  Spotlight has had leaps and bounds in the last 10 years...... Be happy you have the tools you do now.

To clarify how I imported the new symbols.  I think I opened the audio speaker file in the users folder and placed the new symbols in that file.. then imported them from the audio tool set... 

I just had a thought about this. IS there a way for vectorworks to make the "REPLACE WITH STOCK SYMBOLS TOOL" to work with speakers so we could just replace the speakers in the array with the new stock symbols.. I know it only works with staging & Truss. Could be helpful in this situation.

Hi - after lurking in the shadows using this amazing forum to solve my VW queries I finally have an issue that I can't resolve!

I have successfully created/imported records in Generic Speakers.vwx for the various boxes we have in stock. This is working perfectly for me and in new files the array tool can see the custom items. I want to share these speakers with the rest of the team I work with however simply sharing the Generic Speakers.vwx file does not appear to work.

They have replaced the standard file with my updated one in their defaults folder yet the tool is unable to see the speakers. Also the "import" function seems to have disappeared from the tool so they cannot import from the generic file. Interestingly the same import feature has also disappeared from my array tool in the past few days.

Am I missing a step in sharing the files or is the fingerprinting locking them to my licence? Also does anyone know why the import feature has disappeared?

Thanks in advance!

8 hours ago, gshort_prg said:

They have replaced the standard file with my updated one in their defaults folder yet the tool is unable to see the speakers.

You must place the modified file in their user folders as well and overwrite the ones that likely already exist there. Copies of these files are created in the User folder whenever the tool is used on that OS account, copying the default from the Application folder to the User folder automatically.

This article shows how to fully reset the user folder, but you can just follow the first few steps for your OS to find the user folder location and simply replace that single file:

As long as they have the same modules (Fundamentals, Spotlight, etc.) I do not believe you will be affected by fingerprinting at all.