Wall Recess Edge Issue

martinfdc

Question

8 answers to this question

I'm actually asking the question above because I want to solve a problem I have with the way a Wall Recess is being displayed in my ground floor. I've tried everything to remove that tiny bit left of wall but I can't remove it. The wall won't join with it's adjoining wall (the one that contains the door...)

Wall Situation.jpg

Ground Floor Plan.png

First Floor Plan.png

Yes, that is something that VW Walls can't do.

Also all recesses, custom Wall End Caps, etc. at Wall Ends prevent from joining with other Walls.

I think in this case the proposed way is to model with Solids,

Create a Hybrid Object for proper 2D Plan appearance  and

manually assigning IFC Tags for BIM.

• Like 1

Thanks @zoomer, I ended up solving my problem another way though. I created the lower walls (15 cm) in the ground level layer and the 30 cm wall in the first floor layer and then I worked my way through with editing the bottom wall peaks of my walls in the first floor layer.

It's a pity that a wall recess can't join to another wall (at least in this case). The solution using a wall recess would be a much simpler one. Now I have 4 walls where there actually is only one wall that varies it width.

4 walls instead of one.jpg

On 13/12/2016 at 3:45 AM, martinfdc said:

Yes I would love that my stair would be cut as my slabs. But from what I see it seems stairs still don't cut as slabs.

This would be a good start, and then options for joining concrete to slab or not in the case of stairs with stringers. And option for where the stringer joined, top of slab or face of penetration.

• Like 1