Sign in to follow this  
Youm

Missing layers in navigation

Question

Hi,

I can't see design layers and class in navigation.

what can I do to see class and design layers in Navigation

missing design layers.png

8 answers to this question

Have you tried quitting Vectorworks and restarting your computer to see if that brings it back?

• Like 1

In addition to Tim's suggestion, did you also check if you have the latest video card drivers installed in case it is a glitch in the graphics display? Often display issues can get solved by making sure you have the latest graphics card driver installed for your system)

Maybe you could add the specs of your system (operating system, processor, RAM, video card type and video card ram as a minimum) in your signature line (can be set in your account), it could be that you are low on RAM or that your video card might be underspecced for VW 2016. Unless it is something that started just recently and there were no problems before.

• Like 1

The scaling and shape of your text in the various fields there also seems off, do you have a custom DPI scaling set in Windows' Display Settings?

What monitor resolution are you currently using? Vectorworks 2015 (which this looks like) had a lot of problem with high DPI displays similar to this.

8 minutes ago, Art V said:

In addition to Tim's suggestion, did you also check if you have the latest video card drivers installed in case it is a glitch in the graphics display? Often display issues can get solved by making sure you have the latest graphics card driver installed for your system)

Maybe you could add the specs of your system (operating system, processor, RAM, video card type and video card ram as a minimum) in your signature line (can be set in your account), it could be that you are low on RAM or that your video card might be underspecced for VW 2016. Unless it is something that started just recently and there were no problems before.

3 hours ago, rDesign said:

Have you tried quitting Vectorworks and restarting your computer to see if that brings it back?

These^

The scaling and shape of your text in the various fields there also seems off, do you have a custom DPI scaling set in Windows' Display Settings?

What monitor resolution are you currently using? Vectorworks 2015 (which this looks like) had a lot of problem with high DPI displays similar to this.

Thanks for all answers

I did

- Restart VW2015

- Rebooting Computer

- open other users VW file and send my file to other user > Others have no problem only in my VW

There was no change in my computer before this case 

My display  resolution is 1920*1200(recomended)

It may just have been that the columns in the Navigation Palette view moved all to the right
For what ever reasons. The next time it may be worth to try if you can pull/drag them from the
all left side with your cursor back to the right.

Edited by zoomer