Is there a way to discover the order of operations in a complex solid?

I am modeling solids with a series of additions, subtractions, and filleting. For additions and subtractions one can double-click down into the object, but I have found no way to do that for filleting. To edit something near the bottom of the process, I have to ungroup the fillets, then remember the dimensions, edges/intersections involved, and the order applied to get back to where I was.

Is there a way to extract the order of operations, or enter an object to edit without losing what was done?

Right now I have to keep a separate text file edited and up to date, this is at best a poor method as it is nearly impossible to describe the edges and intersections needing to be filleted.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Fillets and chamfers have to be ungrouped (Modify > Ungroup) in order to get the source geometry back.

I've submitted a few wishes that they function more like solid additions/sections/subtractions letting you edit the source geometry directly instead.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Agreed! Submitting requests now. Even just a text history list where you could choose what level of it you wanted to edit (instead of the current double click > double click > double click > double click > double click > double click > edit) would be a major improvement, but something more visual would be preferred.

+1 for selectable

+1 for each child editable

+1 turn child off

All these actions should be real-time visual on the geometry in the viewport, rather not something with an update button.

Maybe i get a bit enthusiastic... but i would be so great to work more interactive/real-time instead to copy paste all the different design options you want to check.

Would it be possible to have this for:

- push pull tool (go back to the primary solid)

- extrude tool(ability to select the primary shape (rectangle/polyline/circle/etc.) and edit the OIP parameters in the tree)

- taper face tool (go back to the primary solid)

- deform tool (go back to the primary solid)

- fillet edge tool (ability to change the selected faces/sides)

- chamfer tool (ability to edit/change the selected faces/sides)

- shell solid (ability to edit the selected faces)

- loft surface (ability to change/edit the nurbs curves)

- create contours

- create fillet surface (ability to edit/change the selected faces/sides)

- sweep (ability to select the primary shapes (rectangle/polyline/circle/etc.) and edit the OIP parameters in the tree)

- extrude along path (ability to select the path and profile and edit the OIP parameters in the tree)

Edited by Buzz Lightyear