Community board hiccup?

Don't know if it's only with me but each time i post and hit Submit or Change the page starts to load and then gets stuck loading at around 25%. When i then press Change or Submit again a message comes up saying the post is being submitted and the buttons are inactive. When i the exit the brouwser or reload the community board all is fine and the post is there......?!

Edited by Vincent C
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I have not seen this lag again today since they began troubleshooting yesterday evening.

If anyone else still is, please let me know along with what time of day (unless its just all the time) the delays were happening and for about how long it lagged for before it finished posting.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't get the Watch system to work for me at all recently, for either users or threads. I've tested in a number of browsers and on a number of OSes, it definitely seems to be server-side.

The delay when posting actually seems to be an error in responding back to the user, as when i check my posts times in the log, they are listed as being posted a few seconds after I click submit, not nearly a minute later as the lagging delay would indicate.

Each time I create or answer a post I get a delay after sending.

(20-30 seconds)

I can live with that.

But as long as the delay happens I can't even open any other

site of the Forum. That means the Forum is completely blocked.

I don't get all notifications (5% ?) of my watched Forums and Topics.

Even all set to "Immediately".

I can live with that.

But now even the Forums start site doesn't show me that are new

unread posts in the Subforums.

If I open a Subforum I may find then lots of unread Threads.

This way its really tedious to find my own Threads and Posting.

Its bad. IT is still trying to track it, another thread about it here:

https://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=202605&Searchpage=1&Main=40586&Words=forum+lag&Search=true#Post202605

I get the same issues here as well. I use the Active Topics section to track new posts for the time being.

It hasnt gone for good so far. It seems worst around the mornings EST, then lightens up throughout the day with random spikes. I am still working constantly with the head of IT to figure it out. So far we have changed the server 3 times, moved it back to an internal test machine here, disabled the proxy and reset just about everything tied to the forums and no dice.

Still hammering at it though, if anything changes I will announce it in addition to doing a little jig.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We are now actively looking into a replacement for the existing forum and kbase systems that will not only provide fixes for the current issues, but also allow new features such as "Official" or "Best" answers for questions previously asked, easier video and image embedding in posts, mobile device access, superior search functions and user voting/feedback.