Section/elevation marker fixation!!!

VincentCuclair

Question

OK this has been bugging me a long time now:

Each time I need to edit the length of the section/elevation marker (which is basically always) in a 'plan SLVP' the section/elevation always moves away from all the annotation in the 'section SLVP', this is very counter productive.

Another potentially critical result of this is when DWG exporting SL sections/elevations using the 'Export Viewports as 2D Graphics in Model Space' for tracing purposes (which currently is the preferred way of creating dwg model files of sections and elevations), if the section or elevation moves even 1mm during the project due to editing the markers the resulting dwg exports are worthless and can even result in very costly errors in the course of the project. This problem doesn't exist for design layer dwg export because the origin rarely moves but one little slip of the section/elevation markers in SLVPs and there is chaos!

I would very strongly like to push for the introduction of a 'fixation' or reference point in the section and elevations markers that lock to a similar point in the actual section/elevation VP essentially locking the section/elevation position in the SLVP.

Edited by Vincent C

8 answers to this question

Well it always happens......just make a SL section VP and trace the outline of the sectioned object as an annotation in the VP, then go back to your section marker, select it, and drag one of the handles making it longer or short, then go back to the VP and you'll see that the section has moved away from the traced outline = not good.....basically everything else should move, i.e. the VP or the annotation or what ever but not the section, get my drift ;)

Edited by Vincent C

I just encountered this today. I created a SLVP the other day and did some details on the annotation. I went back to make the SL longer and my whole detail shifted over away from my annotations.

It would be nice if it had an "anchor" point to not move while you edit its length.

Rob