Is it possible to rotate worksheets?

I have a worksheet that I'd like to rotate 90 degrees on my sheet layer but it seems that neither command L or use of the rotate tool works.

Is there another way to rotate worksheets?

What about setting up a sheet layer with the paper rotated 90 degrees and bring in what you need in viewports also rotated.

The worksheet might still be facing "screen north", but on the printed page it will appear sideways.

This is pure speculation as I have not actually tried this.

The PDF option is a good one also.

Or maybe put the worksheet on a layer and then use a viewport that is rotated to display it where it is needed.

Or maybe something entirely different.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It even gives the rotate preview when you attempt to use the Rotate tool on it, then does nothing. No error in the message bar either as is supposed to happen when you use a tool on an object that it doesnt support.

Submitted a request for this:

http://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=194544#Post194544

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Just realized that rotating the page in VW makes the text flip in unintended ways. Bummer.

Another reason to want to be able to rotate worksheets.

That part may just be File > Document Settings > Document Preferences > Display > Adjust Flipped Text being enabled.

Just realized that rotating the page in VW makes the text flip in unintended ways. Bummer.

Another reason to want to be able to rotate worksheets.

That part may just be File > Document Settings > Document Preferences > Display > Adjust Flipped Text being enabled.

Yeah, I figured that out. Thanks, Jim.