Extrude Along Path + 2D Symbol

I often need to take a molding profile and wrap it (extrude along path) around cabinetry or furniture. I would like to be able to pull a Copper Beech profile out of the Resource Browser and do this but I'm having issues. I know those profiles are 2D Symbols and perhaps that's the problem? I've tried converting the symbol to various forms to no avail. Can someone enlighten me to the proper sequence here? One that enables me to place and convert the Copper Beech 2D molding profile to the correct form in order to extrude along path. Thanks in advance for the help..this forum is very much appreciated.

It should work if you enter the symbol, select all, exit symbol then paste. You should now have the shape(s) that were used to create the symbol. If you have a closed poly then go ahead and use it with EAP, however if there are a bunch of lines, arcs, etc you will probably need to Compose them before use.

I have not used/seen the exact symbols you mentioned. Posting one might be helpful...

OK, that worked. Thanks again. For what it's worth.

1) Drag 2d Molding Symbol from Resource Browser to drawing.

2) Double click symbol to go into Edit mode.

3)"Decompose" Symbol

4)Cut/Copy Symbol

5) Leave Edit mode.

6)Paste Symbol into drawing

7) Select symbol and "Compose"

8) Select Symbol/Select Path line....."Extrude Along Path".

I'm all ears if this is a long winded way to do this and there is a quicker way. Thanks, again.

No need to decompose or copy the contents.

When you create the symbol, under other options check "Convert to Group"

If the symbol is 1 object it will insert as a just that object.

If the symbol is 2 or more objects, it will insert as a group.

Or just insert the regular symbol and hit Command-K (on a Mac) [Modify > Convert > Convert to Group] and you will get the same thing.

hth

mk