Textures in renderworks

I did that once on a project by modeling one panel of standing seam roofing then duplicating it to make a sheet of roofing large enough to cover the largest roofing plane on the project. Then I made a symbol of this. I then created working planes on each roof surface, placed and adjusted the symbol sheet of roofing as an object, and then trimmed each sheet of roofing in place to match each roofing plane. A bit time consuming but not unreasonable for the effect. I suppose it could be done with board and batt also. Only way I can think of to get real shade and shadows.

VW has a handy new feature (or at least new to me).

Assuming you are using an image for the texture,

Go to the edit texture dialogue

Select 'Image' from the 'Bump' pull down->

Click 'Edit' next to the Bump pull down

Click the 'Reuse an image...' radio button

Select 'This Textures color' click ok

Hit the 'Invert' image button

you can also set the bump strength

done.

Love to see the texture when it is looking good.

I had three lights in the model already. Your problem might be related to the fact that my file was created in VW2010 and you are opening it in VW2011. Do you have a copy of VW2010? If so, try opening it there. If not, what rendering mode are you using. I would think that you should be able to simply open my file in VW2011 and render it using final quality renderworks and get results very similar to mine. I'm not sure how well the transition is working between the two versions of VW, though. Given the change to C4D engine, I suspect that there is a good chance that the translation is less than perfect.

I used the Metal, Aluminum shader. You might take a look at the texture and see if that came through.

I also had three lights:

1. A key light at cameral left, on 100% with shadows turned on

2. A fill light at camera right, on 25% with shadows turned off

3. A rim light behind the roof to the left, on 25% with shadows turned off

Did the lights come through?