Tech Forum Link....

Jeffrey

Thank you for the suggestion.

After Restart however, going on the Board site generated 2 cookies, which I deleted. Then my first first log-in failed as usual, but generated 7 cookies.

The 2nd log-in succeeds, whether or not I delete the 7 cookies.

Are you suggesting I set my Mac to deny all cookies?

Dunno - I remove tracks with Windows Washer every day on one machine - always 2 log ins required - this machine is used for emails and most web browsing - 17 inch laptop

My other machine that I draw on - 22 inch monitor rarely do I clean it - it send emails only and cannot receive them - minor web browsing for research whilst working - always 2 log ins requires

Drives me batty

I have set myne to auto log in every time I open the page.

I did get a bit worried and slightly frustrated the first time as I was looking for "Tech Forum". Opened each option and thus came accross the correct link.

Would have been good to maybe recive a message from Tech Admin via email to inform us of the changes being made.

I also feel we as the USERS of this forum could have been consulted beforehand to have our insets on the changes as we will be the ones useing it in the end, so if changes were to be made to improve the forum we could have had a say in what the changes could be....Discussed possibilities and different layouts.

Sorry Carl,

The web master and mistress got a little out in front of us.

There will be some further changes and announcements made around the end of this year, beginning of next. Some of them will be purely cosmetic, to align this site with the main website. Some changes will involve adding more marketing/PR/peer communication, so users can be more easily aware of resources, meetings, and events in their geographic locations. Some changes will be about clarifying the mission of this board and further formalizing some details that have gone on unattended for far too long. Some changes may take longer because they will need feedback from users.

I don't think there is any need for great concern, but we will give people the chance to chime in when the updates/upgrades are ready.

I used to have this trouble with having to log in twice on this forum. Ever since switching from Safari to Firefox 3, the problem has disappeared, so I'm inclined to believe that it was a browser-related issue (for me, anyway). I have noticed other idiosyncrasies with Safari. I think Firefox adheres to the DOM much better.

• 1 month later...