Sign in to follow this  
TK-421

Open DWG Library Error 309?

Question

Anyone know how to resolve a Open DWG Library Error 309? I get this error message when trying to import an AutoCAD dwg file from a consultant. Using VW 12.5 on Mac OS 10.4.8. I can successfully open the file on VW 11 but don't enjoy going backward to do it.

Any help is appreciated.

Jon

20 answers to this question

Does the file work in VW 12 after you've done the import in 11?

Hmm... my error code list only goes up to 301.

Can you send the file to tech@nemetschek.net along with a description of the problem and error code?

Once I have imported the file in VW 11, save it and then open in VW 12 there are no problems other than the typical AutoCAD to VW translation glitches we all deal with.

Katie,

I sent the file to tech a few days ago and have yet to hear back on the 309 error.

Do you have anything to help me import these files. I've reloaded VW 12.5 and get the same problem.

Jon

I sent an email to the engineers. I'll let you know what I find out.

This is supposed to be fixed with 12.5.1. If you haven't already updated, go ahead and do so, then try to import the file again.

If you do have 12.5.1, then we need to look if anything in the VW folder, including the application name, have been changed.

The update to VW 12.5.1 solved the problem. Thank you for your help.

Jon

I just started getting this error with version 12.5. It's funny, the same consultant has been sending me drawings that open up just fine, but these new (larger) files are causing problems.

I'll upgrade and report back. The upgrade to 12.5.1 is also supposed to solve the "linear material" edit crash that was reported as well. Here's to hoping...I just wanted to finish this project before upgrading. crazy.gif

NOOOOPE...upgrading to 12.5.1 did not work. Anyone have a suggestion?

Files and message sent to tech support. I hope they can come up with something.

Hi, Did anyone ever find a work-around to this error? I am getting the same one when I try to import one of my dwgs. I tried both regular and single dwg import, backsaving the dwg, even upgrading to 12.5.3 and no luck. Thanks,

I'm sorry if I am being obtuse, but how do I change the name of the VectorWorks application?

I just upgraded to 2008, and I had the OpenDWG Library Error 309. I can open some dwg files but I have a 3d model file with xrefs that won't open. I believe that I have all of the xref files.

I am trying to get this worked out.

Thanks for any help!

John

Katie, I am now have the same "openDWG library error 309" on trying to import .dwg file. Am using 12.5.3.

Regards,

I have this problem when importing a DWG file in 2008 service pack 3. I cannot do it into 12.5 either! can someone please resolve this once and for all??? I am on a mac using tiger

Did you rename the VectorWorks application?

no, neither app was renamed

i resaved the dwg file in 2000 format instead of 2004 format and it imported fine. still, this needs to be fixed ASAP

Lestrek,

Please send in one of your problematic dwg files to tech@nemetschek.net so that we can look into this issue.

Thanks,